Friday, February 6, 2009

Cliftex Theater



Last night Ben and I went to the movies at Clifton's newly renovated Cliftex Theater. It is the oldest continuously operating movie theater in Texas. When we moved here I delighted in telling my friends in the Metroplex about our theater that was open only on Friday, Saturday and Sunday evenings- and each evening had ONE showing of ONE movie! The new owners have completely restored the theater and it is just beautiful (as you can see from the pictures) It has new comfortable seats with drink holders and the interior has been tastefully restored. A few years ago, the theater began a showing on Thursday evening for adults only which quickly became popular. So obviously Ben and I went on Thursday evening! I estimate the theater holds between 150 and 200 people and there were very few seats left. I understand the theater has been selling out regularly these days. We get first run movies, too. Last night Ben and I saw Marley and Me. Australia was here a couple of weeks ago. This month they are adding a Sunday afternoon matinee. I just love livng in Clifton!!!

1 comment:

Lorraine Fuller said...

I love our theater too, and not just cause my son works there! Get Shiloh to give you a tour sometime, they have lots of old stuff they unearthed during the restoration that they have on display now. There is also a lot of history on the website, which I think is www.cliftextheatre.com, you can also see what's coming up.