Tuesday, March 10, 2009

Elephant Festival

We are now in Jaipur where there are 400 elephants. They have a festival every year and even our guide had not been there (mostly for touists) We headed there but heard it was getting very crowded. We got there about the time it started and somehow (Thank you, God) got seats on the steps in front of the review stand!!! They needed a walkway so they moved me back to an actual seat which I quickly gave up to Ben because he couldn't sit on the steps for 3 hours and it was a better position for pictures. The elephants paraded right in front of us and I will just say there was no one inch of those elephants that was not covered in paint, sequins, etc. Just spectatular. Then at the end when they announced the winners, the elephants came to the reviewing stand and I'm not kidding when I say I was maybe 20 feet from the elephants!! Now, is God not showing us His favor??

No comments: